When your family expands, so does the number of vehicles that need to be parked in your driveway. If your current driveway is too narrow to accommodate all of your vehicles, you may need to widen it.
Extending your driveway can be a great way to add value to your property. Not only will it provide you with additional parking space, but it can also give your home a more polished and finished look.
Cheap Ways To Widen Your Driveway
There are a few ways to widen your driveway without spending much money.
Driveway extension: One way to widen your driveway is by extending it by excavating more land and paving over it. Excavating and driveway extension can be very expensive. However, this may be the cheapest if you have the land available.
Asphalt paving: Another way to widen your driveway is by asphalt paving. This is where you lay down new asphalt to cover a larger area. Asphalt paving can be expensive, but it is often cheaper than extending your driveway. It will give you extra space without tearing up your entire property.
Whichever method you choose, widening your driveway doesn’t have to be expensive. Many cheap ways to do it will still give you the extra space you need. Talk to a professional contractor to find out which method would be best for your home and budget.
Advantages of Wider Driveways
There are many advantages to having a wider driveway. Some of these advantages include:
1. More parking space – A wider driveway gives you more space to park your vehicles. It is especially useful if you have multiple vehicles or if you often have guests over.
2. Less congestion – With more parking spaces, there will be less congestion on your driveway. There will be fewer accidents and better traffic flow.
3. Better appearance – A wider driveway can make your home look polished and finished. It can also make it look more spacious and welcoming.
4. Add more value to your property – Widening your driveway can add value to your property. This is true if you live in an area where parking is at a premium.
5. More function – A wider driveway gives you more space for other activities such as gatherings, parties, and recreation. A wider driveway can be used to play games, set up tents, or host other events without worrying about blocking traffic or taking up too much space.
Disadvantages of Wider Driveways
Having a wider driveway has its disadvantages as well. Some of these disadvantages include:
1. Higher cost – Widening your driveway will generally be more expensive than keeping it the same size. You will need to purchase more materials and hire more labor.
2. Increased maintenance – A wider driveway will also require more maintenance.
4. Increased traffic – A wider driveway may increase congestion if you live in an area with a lot of traffic. Some drivers may be tempted to use your driveway through the street. It is where having a perimeter fence may help to guide the traffic.
Things To Consider Before Widening Your Driveway
1. Check with your homeowners’ association – Some homeowners have restrictions on how wide driveways can be.
2. Get permission from your city or town – You may need a permit to widen your driveway.
3. Consider the cost – Widening your driveway can be expensive, so make sure you compare the prices of different materials before you decide on one.
4. Choose a material that will last – You don’t want to have to widen your driveway every few years, so choose a durable material that will last for many years.
5. Hire a professional – If you’re unsure how to widen your driveway, hire a professional to do it. Even though it may cost more upfront, it will ultimately save you time and money.
Widening your driveway can be expensive, but there are ways to do it cheaply and save money. Driveway extension or asphalt paving allows you to widen your driveway without spending a lot of money. Summarize the different ways you can widen your driveway cheaply and why doing so can save you money.
No matter which option you choose, widening your driveway doesn’t have to be expensive.
JR Paving & Construction Co., Inc. in Latrobe, PA, is a family-owned and operated business with over five decades of experience in the paving industry. We offer our customers a wide range of services, including driveway paving, repairs, and maintenance. We are committed to providing quality workmanship that can help make your project more affordable. Contact us today for a free consultation!
To know more about our services, click the link below. https://jrpavingandconstruction.com/