Asphalt driveways are popular for many homeowners because they are durable and low maintenance. But what should you look for when getting a new asphalt driveway installed? Here are some tips to help you make sure you get the best possible result.
New Asphalt Driveway – What to Look Out For
If you’re considering getting a new asphalt driveway, you might wonder what it should look like. There are a few things to keep in mind regarding the appearance of your new driveway.
First, the color of the asphalt will darken as it cures, so don’t be alarmed if it looks different than the sample you saw in the store. Second, the asphalt may also have a slightly different texture than you’re used to seeing on roads and driveways. It is because it’s made with another type of aggregate or rocks.
Third, your new asphalt driveway should be smooth and even. Any bumps, divots, or waves will eventually show through and ruin the look of your driveway. So, it’s important to make sure that it’s properly installed from the beginning.
Fourth, after installation, the asphalt needs to be sealed. It will safeguard it from the elements and help it last longer. Fifth, if you live in an area with many trees, consider getting a sealant to protect against sap and other stains.
Lastly, add some lines or stripes to your new asphalt driveway. It will help it look finished and give it some extra personality. Now that you know what to look for, go ahead and start shopping for the perfect asphalt driveway for your home.
The Importance of a Good Asphalt Driveway
A good asphalt driveway will last many years with proper care and maintenance. But a poorly installed or poorly maintained asphalt driveway can develop cracks and potholes much sooner. That’s why it’s important to research before hiring a contractor to install your new driveway and to make sure you understand the maintenance requirements.
What to Look for in Paving Contactor for a New Asphalt Driveway Installation
When considering having a new asphalt driveway installed, choosing a reputable paving contractor is important. While there are many contractors to choose from, only some of them will provide the same level of quality or service. Here are some things to look for when choosing a paving contractor for your new driveway:
1. Experience – One of the most important things to look for in a paving contractor is experience. You want to choose a contractor who has installed asphalt driveways and has a good track record. Ask for references from previous customers and check online reviews to get an idea of the quality of work you can expect.
2. Price – Be sure to get a few different estimates from prospective contractors to compare prices. But, don’t just choose the cheapest option. Be sure to factor in the quality of work and materials used.
3. Warranty – Choose a contractor with a warranty on their workmanship. It will protect you in case of any problems with your new driveway installation.
4. Materials – Be sure to ask about the materials used for your new driveway. You want to ensure that the contractor uses high-quality asphalt and other materials.
5. Installation Process – Be sure to ask about the installation process, so you know what to expect. Some contractors may require that you be home during the installation, while others may not.
6. Schedule – Make sure the chosen contractor can work around your schedule. You don’t want to take time off work or disrupt your daily routine to install your new driveway.
7. Communication – Choose a contractor that is easy to communicate with and is responsive to your questions and concerns. You should feel comfortable communicating with them throughout the process.
8. Contract – Be sure to get everything in writing before work begins on your new driveway. It will protect you if there are any misunderstandings or problems with the project.
These are just a few things to consider when choosing a paving contractor for your new driveway. By doing your research, you can be sure that you are choosing a reputable contractor that will provide you with a high-quality driveway.
Working with Asphalt Paving Professionals
JR Paving & Construction Co., Inc. is a family-owned and operated business, based in Latrobe, PA with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We specialize in commercial and residential paving, sealcoating, concrete work, snow removal, and more. No job is too big or small for us!
We pride ourselves on our customer service and workmanship. We are dedicated to providing our clients with the best possible experience from start to finish. We will work with you to determine your needs and budget and create a custom solution that meets your unique requirements.
If you are looking for a paving contractor that you can trust, look no further than JR Paving & Construction Co., Inc. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation!